May 3, 2016: AMCAS Application Opens
- June 7, 2016: AMCAS Application Opens for Submission
- July 22, 2016: Early Decision MCAT Deadline
- August 1, 2016: Early Decision AMCAS Deadline
- August 15, 2016: Early Decision Supplemental Materials Deadline
- September 10, 2016: Last MCAT Test Date accepted for Fall 2017
- October 1, 2016: Early Decision Notification Deadline
- December 1, 2016: AMCAS Application Deadline
- January 15, 2017: Supplemental Materials Deadline
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine is committed to holding true to our mission to improve the health of the people of South Carolina. As one of three allopathic medical schools in South Carolina, admission into the School of Medicine is highly competitive. Applicants admitted to the University of South Carolina School of Medicine are selected by an admissions committee comprised of members of the basic sciences and clinical sciences faculties of the School of Medicine, University faculty, medical students and area clinicians.
While most medical students complete their core clinical training
at Columbia-area affiliated hospitals, an optional clinical
clerkship program at the Florence regional campus is available. Students will select and/or be assigned to a campus during the fall of their first year.
When making selections of applicants, members of the Admissions Committee recognize that they are selecting future physicians. Therefore, the admissions procedure is designed to select applicants who possess the individual intellectual and personal characteristics required for both the study and practice
of medicine. The Admissions Committee considers all aspects
of an applicant’s application in the decision-making process.
The selection criteria for admission includes the following:
- MCAT score and GPA;
- Letters of recommendations and work/volunteer experiences; and
- Interviews and personal attributes
A "Day-in-the-Life of a Medical Student" Program
The Admissions Office provides various services for prospective students and current applicants including a shadowing opportunity, a "Day-in-the-Life of a Medical Student" program. This program is offered September 15th through April 15th each year with the exception of the week of Spring Break and exam days. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact the Office of Admissions at Admissions@uscmed.sc.edu or (803) 216-3625.